Title Goes Here
Preparing campus partners for upcoming interviews, responding to media on their behalf, and providing training to help them refine their message.
OSC can serve as your liaison with the media or offer guidance on an as-needed basis. Our media training can help you prepare for interviews and refine your message for a general audience.
Loop us in
Share a media request with us by emailing or forwarding the request to email@example.comThis is the fastest and most effective way to reach us, especially when a request needs timely attention.
Requests related to UI Health Care or UI Hospitals & Clinics should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preparation is key. We can help you be ready to respond to the media by working with you to refine your talking points. Talking points are the answers to questions we anticipate the media will ask about your research, your department’s initiative, or other news. Working ahead and getting us involved as early as possible will ensure the best outcome.
Our media relations team provides training sessions to help faculty and staff interact with the media. Available options include:
- A presentation for a group, which includes tips on working with the media and Q&A (1 hour)
- One-on-one on camera media training for no more than 5 people at a time (1 hour)
- A presentation for a group, which includes tips on working with the media, Q&A, and a participant engaging in a practice interview in front of the whole group (1.5 hours)
We can accommodate requests for live, on-camera studio interviews, which are reserved for UI experts. We utilize the LTN Global service. Availability is scheduled on a case-by-case basis. To submit a request, please email email@example.com.
If you have new research, are launching a newsworthy initiative, or have a compelling story you think the media would be interested in, let us know. Working with you, our team can proactively pitch to state, local, and sometimes national media.
For the media
Are you a member of the media? We have information just for you.
We can help with
- Providing 1:1 or group media training and responding to the media on your behalf.
- Assisting you with writing and/or reviewing talking points for important initiatives in your college or unit.
- Helping you refine your message or explain your research to a general audience in preparation for upcoming interviews.
- Providing guidance and/or assistance in crisis communications.
- Offering consultation on media relations guidelines and best-practices for your college or unit.
- Pitching newsworthy/interesting stories from your college or department to local, state, or national media. This also could include pitching faculty experts as resources to media for timely topics.