The mission of the Office of Strategic Communication is to build awareness, understanding, and trust within the University of Iowa’s key publics by creating content that advances university priorities and connects with each audience emotionally and intellectually.
We strive to reach that goal by collaborating closely with key campus communicators and supporting their efforts with cutting-edge creative. We work together to design strategies and materials that enhance the reach of Iowa’s messaging and strengthen our voice on a local, national, and even international level.
What we do
As the central external and internal communications body for the University of Iowa, we:
- Offer consulting and planning services to colleges and departments
- Produce original, engaging video, photography, and designs with our talented creative team
- Curate media relations and dynamic storytelling through Iowa Now
- Create audience-focused email and print communications
- Design paid messaging and advertising campaigns
- Build materials and strategies for student recruitment efforts
- Manage social media accounts and guidelines
- Maintain both visual and editorial brand standards
…among other services critical to maintaining the University of Iowa’s position as a leading national institution.